Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif announced the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023 last month and allocated millions of PKR funds to enable 100,000 from all over Pakistan with the latest state-of-the-art Laptops.
The Prime Minister Youth Program was launched in 2013 by the Ex-Prime minister, Honourable Mia Nawaz Shareef; since then, more than half a million low-privilege students have been given the state-of-the-art latest laptop systems.
Honorable Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif started a similar Youth program for Punjab provided when he was in power and the hard-working Chief Minister of the largest province by population.
The Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme 2023 will enable the young blood to compete in IT. The inflation rate is getting high and high daily due to global inflation, and to co-op with that situation, getting your hands on a new laptop was a nightmare for students. With the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme, these privileged students can access the latest laptops.
Like the past 2 Prime Minister Laptop Schemes, HEC (Higher Education Commission) will evaluate students’ applications and distribute their laptops. Under HEC, more than half a million laptops were given to students in the past two Prime Minister Laptop Schemes.
Like the last two schemes, these laptops will be distributed among eligible universities, government universities & technical colleges of 5 provinces, including AJK. The audit report for the last two schemes and this scheme will be available to the public on the HEC website.
Prime Minister Laptop Scheme Phase-III (2022-23)
The world is getting so much ahead in the technological race. Considering the technical development of our neighboring India and Bangladesh, the Honourable Prime Minister, Mia Muhammad Shahbaz Shareef, announced the youth laptop scheme. This scheme will enable our young generation to lead the technological race and get far ahead of our neighboring countries.
AI (artificial intelligence) like chatgpt is taking over the world with a shock, and Prime Minister is concerned about Youth and wants them to learn more and more about this latest advancement in the field of AI and wants the youth of Pakistan to create wonders in the field of Technology.
The Prime Minister Laptop Scheme will enable the youth to excel in IT. The laptop scheme is designed to distribute 100,000 laptops in the first run, and the registration is already started. Click on the button below to get your self-register.
Objectives of Prime Minister Laptop Scheme Phase III 2023
Honorable Prime Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Shareef is a man who loves technology, especially the Youth of Punjab know him for that. Being a Chief Minister for the largest province of Pakistan (By Population), he is known as the guy who wants the youth of Pakistan to excel in the field of Information technology and beat the arch-rival India in IT exports.
The honorable Prime Minister of Pakistan had specially assigned this task to Shaza Fatima Khawaja (Chairperson of the Prime Minister Youth Program). Shaza, a youth leader in PML-N, is the perfect fit for this seat. The silent features or objectives of the third phase of the Prime Minister Youth Program Laptop Scheme are given below:
- Excelling and bringing improvement in the IT industry of Pakistan to meet international standards.
- Developing a deep and robust relationship among institutes and IT training providers.
- Enabling educational institutes to get under the umbrella of intelligent learning to facilitate networking and provide an improved learning environment.
- Boosting productivity and scaling the local business sector.
- The government wants to ensure that the potential of IT is served in the best way possible.
- Increasing the IT-Export and improving the training atmosphere of students by providing state of the art IT-Technologies.
- Gov know the importance of a laptop lifestyle, enabling the students to earn their household income.
- Students to be able to compete on the international level in the IT field.
- Helping the digitalization process of every Pakistan school, college, university, and technical institute.
- Helping institutes with the latest technologies (laptops) to boost their digitalization/innovative campus process.
- Helping explore the hidden treasure of IT and enabling every institute to contribute to IT Export.
We are not sure how long these objectives will take to complete. Still, we know that schemes like these will enable the youth to contribute to the economy and development of our beloved country Pakistan.
How To Apply for Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023
The Prime Minister Youth Program application process for distributing 100,000 laptops is simple. Like the last two schemes, the application process is kept online this time, and anybody can register whether he is sitting in the scorching heat of the Thar Desert or the freezing mountains of Gilgit Baltistan.
For the application process, HEC developed an online portal where eligible students can apply or update their profiles if they have registered. The eligibility criteria are also mentioned on the portal.
Click on the link below to apply for Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Laptop Scheme
The eligibility criteria for the PM laptop scheme 2023 are also kept similar to the last two schemes by HEC. Students are requested to renew their CNIC if they are expired because their applications will be rejected if they have an expired CNIC.
Students are requested to follow the following table to check whether they are applicable for the PM Laptop Scheme 2023 or not:
- Students must have a valid CNIC at the time of registration.
- Students must be enrolled in the eligible universities at the time of registration.
|Date of Admission
|30 June 2019
|30 June 2023
|30 June 2018
|30 June 2023
|30 June 2021
|30 June 2023
|31 December 2021
|30 June 2023
|31 December 2020
|30 June 2023
|31 December 2019
|30 June 2023
|MPhil/ MS or (Equivalent)
|30 June 2021
|30 June 2023
|30 June 2018
|30 June 2023
Students from HEC-recognized private universities or degree-awarding technical/engineering students are also applicable for the Free Prime Minister Laptop Scheme. Only distance educational institutes not on the registration list of HEC are not applicable for applying for the PM Youth Laptop Scheme 2023.
Eligible Universities of the Laptops Scheme 2023
According to the directives of the Prime Minister’s office, HEC has constituted a list of eligible government, private and semi-government universities from all over Pakistan. This list includes around 141 universities from all across Pakistan eligible for share among the Free Laptops by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
The eligible university students will still go through the process of merit; only students from these universities will be awarded a free laptop if they are deserving.
The free laptops will enable thousands of students to put their feet inside the world of IT. Primte MInsiter Shahbaz Sharif has shown great interest in digital skills and is planning government-level skills development programs. These programs will create awareness about the advancement of IT (information technology) among students who have never thought about this field.
Prime Minister Youth Program laptops will be equipped with advanced technology and can run any software smoothly and easily.
|Name of University
|Bahria University, Islamabad
|International Islamic University, Islamabad
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women’s University, Peshawar
|National University of Modern Languages (NUML) Islamabad
|Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
|Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
|Balochistan University of Engg & Technology, Khuzdar
|The University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
|34 GB Karakurum International University, Gilgit-Baltistan
Ineligible Students/ Universities for Laptop Scheme
HEC sets some rules regarding the eligibility criteria and defines some universities and technical colleges as ineligible to apply for the Free Laptop Scheme under Prime Minister Youth Program. Reasons for not allowing those students and institutes are given below, as mentioned by HEC in the press conference:
- Those students enrolled in a private sector higher education institute (HEI).
- Students who already avail a laptop during a Federal/Provincial Government scheme.
- Foreign Nationals who are studying in Pakistani universities.
- Students who do not apply through the online portal developed by HEC.
- The eligibility criteria will be checked at the time of laptop distribution; if a student fails to provide the necessary documents on the distribution day, he or she won’t be awarded a free laptop.
- Students who passed out/ graduated before the day of laptop distribution.
If you are not on the above list, congratulation. You will receive your free laptop under the Prime Minister Youth Program laptop scheme 2023.
PM Laptop Scheme Selection Criteria 2023
HEC hired a specialized developer to enhance the system with AI to sort out the registration data of students who will register for the laptop scheme. The selection criteria are kept as simple as possible, and the data will be available to the general public later. The following selection criteria will be followed:
- After registration, the AI inside the portal will sort out reliable and ineligible students.
- The Focal person assigned by the university will manually verify the data of each student from their focal personal account. This data will be their degree, enrollment date, graduation date, credit hour, and CGPA.
- Focal persons are the sole person responsible for their respective universities’ data.
- If the system finds any unfilled or wrongly filled data, it will notify the institute, student, and the focal person to correct the data.
- The focal person has the authority to approve, disapprove or modify the data of any student before the closing date.
- Each institute has its pre-defined quota according to the Ministry of Finance recommendations, and they will reserve the number of laptops according to that quota.
- Once the registration date is over, the automatic AI will generate the merit list for each university and publish it on the HEC website.
- The institutes will be given 15 days to cross-check the merit list by HEC.
- After removing any discrepancy if found, the institutes will be handed over the official merit list by HEC and published on their website.
- Every private institute/gov must publish the merit list on their notice board, website, and social media accounts.
- Ultimately, the final list will be public through the HEC and PMYP websites for the general public.
HEC holds the right to accept, reject, and remove your application without question. You must carefully fill out the registration form and provide the original and authentic information.
You may be asked to show proof of your information, degree, CNIC, or CGPA at the time of laptop distribution, and to avoid being a symbol of shame at that time, try not to trick the system. Click on the link below to start your registration process:
Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023 Distribution Criteria
Like his last tenure as Chief Minister Punjab, Honorable Prime Minster Muhammad Shahbaz Shareef has shown interest in distributing the laptops among the young brats from his own hands. His Excellency will personally visit each university to distribute the free laptops among deserving students.
He had wished that he would go to the far-distance universities of Fata and Sindh to distribute the Laptops to students and show them love so that they did not think their Prime Minster did not care for them.
HEC constitutes the criteria for the distribution of the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023 below:
- The Free Laptops will be distributed purely based on merit list among the students of the eligible degree programs.
- University share for the laptop scheme will be determined according to the government-issued quota list for government / private universities.
- The Prime Minister’s Office directed HEC to allocate 14% of the laptop cap for Balochistan province. Fourteen thousand laptops from the prime minister laptop scheme 2023 will be flying toward deserving students of Balochistan.
- The remaining 86,000 will be distributed among the rest 4 provinces and AJK according to the allocated Quota by Federal Government.
The government has shown interest in increasing the number of laptops later this year.
Laptop Scheme for Metric Pass Students
Prime Minister Shahbaz Shareef also announced a scheme for Metric Pass students in 2023. This scheme will distribute laptops among deserving students who got at least 75% or more marks in their matric exams and have already enrolled in college for their inter.
The Prime Minister’s office also directed the Punjab Government to announce a similar scheme for the Punjab province and the Care Taker Government of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa to promote a similar scheme for the deserving students of KPK.
Prime Minister SS had a dream to see Pakistan progressing in the information technology field to boost the country’s IT export.
The last date for Prime Minister Laptop scheme is 30th June.
Frequently Asked Questions About Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023
The Prime Minister Youth Program Laptop Scheme 2023 will enable the far students to compete with the students living in major cities like Islamabad and Lahore. The next goal of the Prime Minister Youth Program is to provide internet access in the outlying furthest areas of Northern and Southern Pakistan areas where mobile networks are not accessible.
The chairperson of the Prime Minister Youth Program has shown interest in many IT projects for the youth, and the outcome of these projects will be an increase in IT-Export at the end of this fiscal year.
Pakistan is a huge market for IT (information technology), and schemes like these will also enable and boost students’ confidence and trust in their government. As an IT sector advocate, we want the government to announce even more schemes for deserving and hard-working students.
We wish to see our Country excel in IT and compete with Arch-rivals India and Bangladesh.